Friday, April 15, 2011

Why Wait?

For many years I felt discontented, happy but not as happy as I wanted to be or thought I should be.   The saddest part is that for so long I did absolutely nothing to change my spot in life.  It was as if I was waiting for happiness to show up on my doorstep like a package from Fed-Ex. 

I waited several years for that magical package and it never came...it was because I was waiting. 

Why wait?

Why not make your own happiness?  Why not open your heart and mind to all the possibilities out there?  If you make one small change I guarantee it will lead to another change and another and before you know it you'll find you are trying new things, going different places, meeting new people and you will no longer be waiting for your life to begin.

I stopped waiting...I started living and I couldn't be more blessed.  I opened myself up to the possibilities that I could live a different life, embrace new adventures and felt courageous enough to let it be OUT OF MY CONTROL. 

Yep, you read that right.  I am telling you to control your destiny through NOT controlling it.  For me it was about opening my heart and mind to the possibilities of a different and new way of seeing things and in actually opening my mind, heart, soul and body to this option it started happening on it's own.  When I felt like I might want to retreat to old comfortable patterns, something drove me to do things differently.

The only person holding you back is you.  I held me back for way too many years.  Embrace a small change and see where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment