Thursday, April 14, 2011

When You Know You Know

I woke up today and decided that I was going to do the most incredible adventure for me to date.  I am going to participate in the Lake Superior Dragon Boat Race & Festival.   I have never paddled a boat in my life and this is going to be truly something.   22 people in a very long, skinny boat...20 paddling, one steering, and one beating a drum for us to Row! Row! Row!

Recently, I have embraced this adventurous side to me and clearly the little girl who used to ride her bike "no hands" is itching to be free again.  At work today, I thought to myself, why not?  I also had been thinking about how morale at work has been pretty low...so I thought why not take my perky self and do something completely out of my comfort zone and then try to motivate others to join me? 

I shot an email to my boss who really liked the idea so hopefully in the very near future I'll be getting my team together and we'll be on our way to raise money for cancer research and also in the process raise morale at work through the spirit of adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment