Saturday, April 16, 2011

Never Doubt Yourself

When you think you cannot do something, it's true you cannot.  If you believe you are not good at something, then you probably won't be good at it.  Negative self talk leads to negative thoughts.  Our thoughts control our feelings which ultimately control our actions.   

Never doubt yourself.  Believe that anything is possible.  There is nothing in this world that is out of your reach. 

I have to remind myself of that daily.  I have lost almost 140 lbs in the last 9 months and it has taken a long time for my brain to catch up with my body.  My brain still sees me as the woman who weighed 330 lbs and did not feel very pretty or even worth liking most days. 

I no longer catch myself in "negative self talk" patterns, but I do find myself doubting my ability to relate to others or doubting how people view me now post surgery.

Specifically, I needed to end the thought pattern which made me feel invisible to others or believing  I am not worth knowing. 

I am worth knowing, I am a beautiful, vibrant strong woman with many redeeming qualities and features...I can never doubt who I am again, or where I have been or where I am going on this journey.  The road before me is uncertain and long, however, I am not alone, and I am unafraid for I have NO DOUBT that I will be successful in my lifelong travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment