Friday, May 6, 2011

You'll Never Have This Moment Again

Today is a very brief window in our life, make the very most of what today is offering you. 

If you feel like life has nothing to offer, you need to change your perception immediately.  Every single moment should be SEIZED for the opportunity it presents you and SQUEEZED by you as if are sucking the very last whatever out of that moment. 

Today while I was walking downtown I passed a shop that smelled divine.  Literally the scent wafting out the door took me back to one of my favorite shops in Kalamazoo, MI called Terrapin.  It has this earthy, patchouli scented something about it that spoke to me and made me nastalgic for that special place.

I could have kept walking and just thought about the store back in Michigan or I could have went in and embraced the moment.

I chose the second option.  I walked through the front door with a huge smile on my face.  I breathed in the intoxicating aromas and felt my soul and spirits lift.  I don't have extra money to spend frivolously, however, I found a bumper sticker that made me laugh right out loud.  I knew in an instant I just had to have it!

I SEIZED and SQUEEZED the moment.  I immediately put the sticker on my car Sterling and it will continue to give me great joy in the months to come. 

It may sound like a little thing, but embracing every opportunity before you opens your heart up to such immense joy.  There are so many great people, places, sounds, just STUFF that is waiting out there for you to discover and make your very own. 

I am no longer waiting for happiness or joy to find me.  I am making my own joy....and am truly happy in my heart!!

Deepest Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment