Sunday, May 22, 2011

Follow With Your Heart

I truly am starting to believe that God wants me to be happy all the time.  Not just some of the time, but all of the time.  I understand that may sound really bizarre but if you could put yourself in my shoes you would see precisely what I am talking about.

It's as if he knows what is important to me, what makes me feel good, inspired, enlightened, uplifted and places those experiences/adventures before me.  He makes them possible.

This weekend was supposed to be dismal weatherwise at best.  It was to rain, storm, then rain some more and perhaps some hail thrown in for good measure. 

My plan was to go to visit my co-adventurer Saturday and spend the day out on a lake fishing.  Well, you can't fish if it's storming.   We talked on the phone early that morning and decided I would still make the 75 mile trip and we would plan to do other things since the weather forecast was not looking so fantastic.

I swear not even 15 miles out of Duluth, the sky turned this pretty shade of peach and I could see the sun poking from behind the thick cloud cover.  By the time I got to my friend's house the sun was shining and there was no rain in sight.   We quickly packed the boat, drove to the lake and proceeded to have a miraculous day of fishing.   

It's like He knows what I need then provides it.  This past week at work I networked with some big names at my hospital and because of my new attitude of gratitude I will probably be in a new position within the next 3 months.  None of that happens on accident.  It happens because I am making changes in my life through allowing him to walk with me daily, and feeling gracious for all my daily blessings. 

I think my attitude of gratitude not only helps me to recognize my daily blessings but seems to allow the blessings to pour over me on a very regular basis.   In all honesty, it would have been okay if our fishing trip had been postponed, but thanks to some prayer, positive thinking and Him I not only got one day of fishing, but two as we went back again today!! 

I am not sure I'll get the reference exactly right but I know that when Jesus was talking to the fishermen he told them they could fish that day and eat for that day or follow him and never go hungry or lack for anything.  It is absolutely true, I lack for nothing thanks to Him and allowing his presence to be recognized in my daily life.

I am so blessed for a home, job, food on my table, a car, friends, family, clothing, my health....my entire life...good and bad for it makes me what I am today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment