Sunday, May 1, 2011

Find Your Wings

“When you have come to the edge of all light that you know and are about to drop off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly.” – Patrick Overton

I absolutely love this quotation and the feelings it invokes in me.   For a very long time I never allowed myself to go to the "edge" of anything.   It was safer and much more comfortable to stay with what I knew.   I doubted myself and I had little belief in anything else being there for me should I aimlessly have wandered into the great unknown.  I didn't trust me, and I had zero faith in anyone or anything else.

The beauty and joy I experience now is that I SEARCH for the EDGE.  I am constantly pushing the limits of my comfortableness.   When I say I am pushing the limits, I specifically mean I am trying to open my mind and heart and spirit to ALL the possibilities in life.  I am seeing the world with brand new eyes and taking it all in and embracing the sheer magnitude of my daily existence.

What I like most is that every single time I have stepped out to the very outermost part of that scary ledge.....I have not been afraid.  For in my heart I know I have the determination, perseverance, charisma and FAITH and I can do anything I set my mind to.   Above all I have total faith that God is going before me and ensuring my footing on the path and will never let me falter.

1 comment:

  1. Teri what a great inspirational writer you are! I love reading your blog. It leaves me smiling, crying and laughing with love in my heart. Keep writing girl. I see a book in the furture. You have a story to tell. I feel so proud to be your friend. xoxoxo N.

    ReplyDelete